Gum May Have Played a Role in College Basketball Player’s Death

Shanice Clark, a 21-year-old student at California University of Pennsylvania was pronounced dead on Sunday after being found unresponsive in her dorm. Police said the preliminary medical report indicates that Clark inhaled gum while she was sleeping.

Read more

The Sex Position That’s Most Likely to Injure His Penis (Yes, Really)

It can lead to a penile fracture.

Read more

What You Need to Know About the Keurig Brewer Recall

Keurig Green Mountain Inc. has recalled more than 7 million machines due to a burn risk. Find out if your brewer is affected.

Read more

Scooters Send a Kid to the ER Every 11 Minutes

Here’s a sobering statistic to ponder before buying holiday gifts for your kids: A new study shows that a child with a toy-related injury is treated in a U.S. emergency department every 3 minutes.

Read more

Too Many Babies Sleep With Blankets and Pillows Despite SIDS Risk

Although soft bedding has been linked to an increased risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS), more than half of American parents continue to use such bedding for their sleeping babies, according to a new study.

Read more

4 Strange Things That Land People in the Emergency Room

From laundry detergent to blueberry pie, these stranger-than-fiction hazards will surprise you.

Read more

The New Drunk Driving Danger That Doesn’t Involve a Steering Wheel

People who get behind the wheel after having one too many has long been on our radar of danger. Now, it seems, we should also be worrying about people who get behind handlebars, aka drunk biking.

Read more

Most Minor Cosmetic Procedures Are Safe, Study Concludes

Minimally invasive cosmetic procedures are nearly risk-free, a new study says.

Read more

What You Should Do If You Find a Tick

Coming across one of these disease-spreading bugs might be scary. With a little know-how, it’s easy to remove one safely.

Read more

Crash Test Dummies Are Getting Fatter to Make Americans Safer

The reason car accidents are more dangerous for overweight people, and what one company is doing about it.

Read more

Advertisement

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 2,976,809 other followers

Powered by WordPress.com VIP